In addition to the Neonatal Workshops, Habitat for Humanity and Quilts of Valor projects, our members are also involved in giving back through other organizations. For them we make a number of other items (links below).
We make port pillows which are donated to the Lump to Laughter organization for cancer patients to cover the port area when they are using a seat belt. We have kits with fabric and batting for use in making these. You can pick them up at the next Guild meeting. For additional information, please send us a message via the Contact Us page.
Here is the pattern for making port pillows
- Baby Knit Hat – Bev’s Country Cottage. Stretchy Baby Knit Hat
- Miracle Preemie Hat , Christ, Coffee and Knitting Needles.
- Joanne’s Preemie Hat – Crochet Pattern
- Baby Hat – Fiber Flux
- Preemie Baby Cap – Wayback Machine
For the Military
Chemotherapy Turbans and other patterns – Sewing.org
Knit and Crochet Patterns
A whole host of items are made and donated to local hospitals and groups in need.
- Many Free Crochet Patterns – Bev’s Country Cottage
- Daily Knitter patterns
- Patterns for babies and much more – Lion Brand Yarns
- Knit and Crochet patterns – Newborns in Need Inc.
- Blankets and much more – Project Linus
Nepal Tote Bag Project
One of our members is involved with the Advocacy Program and is planning a trip to Nepal to help the women there start their tote bag business. She is collecting smaller cutting mats, rulers not longer than 18”, or rotary cutter holders (blades not needed) to donate to this cause. This group gave a presentation to the Guild at our (date) meeting. For further information, please Contact Us.